Friday 18 November 2011

Christmas Layout by JJ Sobey






Hi everyone, here's my first project as part of the Gree Tara Design Team.

For this assignment I was asked to feature red and gold embellishments in a Christmas theme. I decided that they would really pop if I backed them with kraft papers - so that's what I did. I fell in love with the 38mm Mesh with the gold filaments - so easy to use for boy or girl pages:

I layered a few trims and embellishments here. The red 9mm Shimmer Threaded Ribbon added a little more colour, while the gold Xmas Bouquet a little extra dimension, without being 'in-your-face-shiny'.

I wasn't sure at first what I should do with the Bead Garland, then it hit me that it looks a lot like some of the crystal flourishes on the market these days - which led me to adhere it in flourish shapes using micro Glue Dots.

These Wire Stars are so unusual - I've never seen embellishments quite like these. I love them! They also come in other colours and in heart shape as well. I used Craft Glue Dots to adhere them, which worked like a charm. You can kinda see the Glue Dot in this close-up, but that's because it's larger than 'life-size'. When you look at the project as a whole, you really don't notice the adhesive."

Wire Star 3cm gold (WS177G10)
Xmas Bouquet gold 10cm (TBX032)
38mm Mesh gold (RB6734Go)
3mm Bead Garland red (RBY06R)
9mm Shimmer Threaded Ribbon red (RB6737R)


--
JJ Sobey

3 comments: