Wednesday 21 November 2012

EXPRESSION OF COLOR by HEATHER

'ART'

Hi everyone my turn today here at GREEN TARA.
I built this layout around one of my fave stamps .

'As long as we have memories,
YESTERDAY remains.
As long as we have hope,
TOMORROW  awaits,
As long as we have ART,
TODAY is wonderful'

I'D LIKE TO EXPLAIN A LITTLE BIT
 ABOUT  THE MEANING BEHIND THIS PAGE
As I am becoming older I feel more comfortable with
 who I am . When I looked at my completed page I noticed
 the connecting thread of the colors,
 art brings all parts of me together,
 the healer, my inner child, the warrior,
 my professional self, my nurturing side,
 and my passionate self.
Art to me is an expression  of color and
design reflecting my inner self.
 My mind body and soul .
Each color has its own meaning and energy

Green/ balance
 Yellow / communication
Pink/ compassion
 White /actualising
Black / strength.

I have journalled these words on the back of my layout
 for future reading and reflection.


 Pink Roses, pink rose buds, white flower sprays, 
deep pink and pink cherry blossoms mixed with green leaves .

 Pink and green are such beautiful complimentary colors
 and these blooms showcase them perfectly 

GREEN TARA MATERIALS
White flower spray
FDVO45 Wh
Rose buds pink
FDVO25P
Rose  2cm pink
FDR006P
Cherry Blossoms 3 cm Pink
FLC22PP

Other materials used
Imaginarium designs, leaves die cut / memory box,
 Vintage brads/creative charms , Crafter's workshop mask, Vera color ink ,
 muslin, white Bazzil, basic grey paper. Hero arts stamp.

'JUST YOU' 

 This pic of Ella matched perfectly with the Turquoise/white sprays.
 I added the kraft/ brown Roses as a complimentary color, 
and White/ivory Roses  always find a place in my work




GREEN TARA MATERIALS
Rose white 3 cm
FDRO24 Wh
Rose Ivory 3 cm
FDRO24Iv
Rose Ivory 2 cm
FDROo6Iv
Rose Light Brown 2 cm
FDROO6LB
Maple leaves Gold
LAGO  4.5 cm  
Flower spray white
FDVO45 Wh
Flower spray Turquoise
PFST4
White gardenia 6cm
FDVO54 Wh

Other materials used
Kaiser paper, cardstock, Pink Paisley, basic Grey, Gesso,
Creative Charms brads,
 Collections/ rulers, Imaginarium designs chipboard,
 Butterfly/heart/frame/ .Tim Holtz/ film strip,
Lace, Tea dyed muslin.


Another  layout to share with you.
This is a layout I created from a sketch 
as a GUEST DESIGNER over at Scrapfriends.
'DELIGHT' 
 


Hope I have inspired you to play with these delish blooms
 from Green Tara.
Also for more inspiring ideas Remember to pop over to 
and see all the beauty and creative magic on our page .
Warm hugz from Heather x






11 comments:

  1. I'm having trouble sleeping Heather, and your beautiful words and layouts have made me feel quite emotional. Fabulous work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Heather these are simply gorgeous! I love your unique style!!!! Thanks for all the inspiration!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. **Squeel**.......you are so amazing :) these are just so so gorgeous and I LOVE the whole theme! Look at all that yummy Green Tara...mmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look Sooooo Amazing Heather... all the Green Tara clusters are TOTALLY Gorgeous!! FABBO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so beautiful Heather. You have such a way with the Green Tara - always something original in your designs. Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I possibly say that everyone else hasn't already said. BEAUTIFUL. You work sooooo well with the yummy Green Tara flowers. The colours combos look fabulous. FANTASTIC post.
    Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks to all you beautiful girls, you make my day xoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather, your creations are nothing short of magical..the way you put colors together is something else!! These are all so very gorgeous..the flowers look really amazing!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply beautiful in all ways Heather! I love that stamp saying... and your sentiment behind it with the colours tying together, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work, u have put yr soul into that first one

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ADORE your work to pieces! I love your unique style. Your passion shows throughout your work! xoxo

    ReplyDelete