Sunday 1 December 2013

Three Layouts PLUS A Mini Tutorial To Share
By Di Garling

"Daughters are Special"

Hello there, thanks for calling by the blog. Today I have three layouts
 & a simple little mini tutorial on how to make a banner from our ribbon.
 For my first layout I have gone with lovely summery colours & naturally 
I have used some beautiful Green Tara blooms.


In this photo you can see the fabulous yellow " Heirloom" flower teamed 
with a lime "Sakura" as well as an aqua "Gardenia" & to complete my cluster
 I have added my favourite "Green Velvet Leaves". I have yet to find a colour
that these leaves don't work well with. Because they are wired you can poke them
 anyway you like & they stay put. I always curl the wire ends to create tendrils
 for a touch of realism. You can also catch a glimpse of one of the many Green Tara
"Washi Tapes" tucked in underneath the scallop on the bottom of the page.


Next up I have used some of Green Taras great "Herringbone Ribbon"
  in aqua to create some little banners. Firstly I cut some little inverted ones to
 pop underneath my flower cluster & then I made another set to
 place underneath my photo.
(SCROLL DOWN TO SEE MY LITTLE MINI TUTORIAL ON AN EASY WAY TO DO THIS)


Lots of background treatments with all sorts of things. On the top of the
 layout I have added a " Heirloom flower" in yellow, a few yellow 
 "Rosebuds", a couple of lime "Roses" & once more teamed them with
 some  more "Green Velvet Leaves".


In this photo you can see I have curled some little yellow
"Rosebuds" around my chipboard flourish too.

*******************

"A Mini Tutorial on How to Make a Simple Banner"




The "Herringbone Ribbon" I have used here is available is several colours.

********************

"Unforgettable"

For my second layout I took inspiration from one of the many beautiful Green Tara ribbons.
This particular one is a "Crushed Organza" in blue & gold. This photo really doesn't do
this ribbon justice. It is just devine. It forms the focal point of my cluster.


I have teamed it with both  turquoise & light brown "Primula" flowers & a
 turquoise  "Lace Pearl Flower", some turquoise mini "Rosebuds"
then finished my cluster off with some "Maple Leaves" in gold.


Green Tara have such a huge range of flowers, leaves, ribbons, trims & lace.
There is something to suit every colour scheme you could possibly think of.


All the Green Tara leaves have a wire running through 
them so that you can bend & shape them to suit.



********************

"Dream"

This was a layout I did a while back. I was a Guest Detective over on the CSI challenge blog.
Naturally I have use some beautiful Green Tara goodness to set the scene for my layout.


A lime "Sakura" flower, a yellow "Heirloom" flower, a few Green Tara 
 "Roses" in both lime & yellow & then I added some gold "flower sprays"
which I twisted & curled to add a touch of realism. Too easy.

All of the chipboard I have used on my three layouts is from
2 Crafty Chipboard.

Well that all from me this month, I will see you back here in
January. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas & stay safe.



Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! Totally mouthwatering!!!! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... What a beautiful layouts Di!!
    Love all the gorgeous flowers and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all 3 layouts are S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G... GREAT tutorial on the ribbon banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Di! You never fail to inspire me. I love them all! The texture is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work Di and so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your banner tutorila is great! I love all your details and textures on your work! Just FAB work!

    ReplyDelete