Wednesday 19 February 2014

Grungy and Shabby...
By Sandrine Dawes

Hello hello Green Tara Fans!

You are with Sandrine today and it is time for my February reveal,
 I have two layouts and one card to share today.

I will start with the grungy part, layout 1:

"Dreamer"


I love to experiment with colours and this month I had some fun with black!
My son just turned 8 and I wanted to create something funky! Funky and grungy
does not mean you can't use ribbon and flowers and here is the proof!
 I made a circle frame around my photo using wire and
"Double Sided Vertical Stripe Sating Ribbon in black".

Here you can see "Teal 6.5cm Heirloom Flower"
 and  
"Turquoise 3.5cm Lace Pearl Flower":


Another "6.5 cm Heirloom Flower" and a "4cm Heirloom Flower" both in teal:


I am completely smitten with the "Skeleton Mesh", I am using on every single creation,
 I don't lay it flat though, I just pull it and tear it, it gives tremendous texture, I LOVE IT!!!


More "Black Skeleton Mesh":



GREEN TARA PRODUCTS USED:
- HEIRLOOM 6.5CM SILK AND ORGANZA FLOWER TEAL XF9213TE
- HEIRLOOM 4CM SILK AND ORGANZA FLOWER XF9317TE
- LACE PEARL 3.5CM FLOWER TURQUOISE XF9332 TU
- SKELETON MESH BLACK RB175BL
- DOUBLE SIDED VERTICAL STRIPE SATIN BLACK RB454BL


+++

For my second layout, I have another grungy layout experimenting with more black, 
it is all about traveling! My son has caught the Travel Bug just like his mum and dad!
 There is a lot of journaling about it on the back.


"Travel Bug"


I chose Green Tara Blooms in black and blue, these include: 
"7cm Wild Rose", "5cm Tutu Flower" and "Blue Apple Blossoms":


I altered my "Pale Blue Wild Rose" with Watercolour Paint to make it darker:


A tucked "6.5cm Heirloom Flower in black" and some black "Skeleton Mesh":


Some more "Skeleton Mesh" and "Apple Blossom":



GREEN TARA PRODUCTS USED:
- WILD ROSE 7CM SILK AND ORGANZA PALE BLUE XF9318PB
- TUTU 5CM ORGANZA AND PEARL BLACK XF922BL
- HEIRLOOM 6.5CM SILK AND ORGANZA FLOWER BLACK XF9213BL
- BLUE APPLE BLOSSOM 4CM FDB044B2

+++

My last project for this month is a card.


"Just for YOU"



Here is a closie of a "White Cherry Blossom":


And a gorgeous "8cm Velvet Rose in Dusky Pink":


GREEN TARA PRODUCTS USED:
- CHERRY BLOSSOM WHITE FLC22WH
- VELVET ROSE 8CM VELVET FLOWER DUSKY PINK XF9217DP

That's it for me today! I hope you enjoyed my post, don't forget to check out
 the blog regularly for updates from our fabulous Design Team!


Happy Scrapping!


7 comments:

  1. These are all so wonderful.. love your style, love the black on your layouts, it adds such drama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post Sandrine - I really like your boy pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool the two grungy pages are! Love all details and textures! And the card is simply delish! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing layouts Sandrine and I love your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your 2 layouts are TOTALLY AWESOME.... & that card is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boy layouts are absolutely amazing!! So cool!!
    and your card is cute, I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Sandrine, love the two layouts - so much character and punch! The card sets a slightly different tone but it's still so delicate and pretty.

    ReplyDelete